Thai Railways serving the North of Thailand
Northern Train Lines
Thai Railways Northern Line Heads directly North from Bangkok. Thai Railways Northern Line passes historical places like Ayutthaya (Former Thai Capital), Sukhothai, and popular destinations like Chiang Mai, Thai Railways popular Northern Hub. Thailands Northern Line pretty much goes straight up, with only one or two very small branches splitting off from the main line. The Main Junctions are in Bang Sue, and then Ban Pachi, where the Northeastern Lines break away from the Northern Lines.
- Sukhothai - the cultural center
- Ayutthaya - the old capitol of Thailand or better "Kingdom of Siam"
- Chiang Mai - Gateway to the North
- Mae Hong Son
- Chiang Rai
- 'Golden Traingle' Area
- Mae Sai - Thai / Myanmar Border Crossing (Myawadi, Myanmar)
- Mae Sot - Thai / Myanmar Border Crossing (Tachileik, Myanmar)
- Tak - Gateway to Myanmar
- Hill Tribe Villages - Trekking Paradise
a. Major Junctions - Bang Sue, Ban Phachi
b. Major Northern Line Stations - Ayutthhaya, Phitsanulok, Lopburi, Lampang, Chiang Mai
c. Sawankhalok Branch Junction - Ban Dara